By Patricia Carter Sluby
This e-book not just records the precious contributions of African American thinkers, inventors, and marketers prior and current, but additionally places those achievements into context of the hindrances those innovators confronted due to their race.
• offers a chronology of patents issued to African american citizens from the interval of slavery to the present
• comprises illustrations of patents and logos in addition to advertisements replica and pictures of African American marketers and patentees
• presents a bibliography of vital fabrics from the fields of invention, highbrow estate, entrepreneurship, and business
• A useful index deals entry to the entries through inventor, invention, patents, logos, periodicals, and field/profession
• An appendix holds a accomplished roster of African American patentees directory the inventor's identify, U.S. patent identify and quantity, and date of issue
Read or Download The Entrepreneurial Spirit of African American Inventors PDF
Similar Minority Studies books
In view that unification, Germany has skilled profound adjustments, together with the reawakening of xenophobic hate crime, anti-Semitic incidents, and racist violence. This publication offers the latest examine carried out through a staff of yank and German specialists in political technology, sociology, mass communique, and historical past.
How did African-American slaves view their white masters? As demons, deities or one other race totally? while nineteenth-century white americans proclaimed their innate superiority, did blacks agree? If now not, why no longer? How did blacks verify the prestige of the white race? Mia Bay strains African-American perceptions of whites among 1830 and 1925 to depict America's transferring attitudes approximately race in a interval that observed slavery, emancipation, Reconstruction, and concrete migration.
One of the american citizens who joined the ranks of the Doughboys scuffling with international battle I have been millions of America's most modern citizens. stable american citizens examines the contributions of Italian and Jewish immigrants, either at the homefront and abroad, within the nice battle. whereas living in robust, insular groups, either teams confronted a barrage of calls for to take part in a clash that have been raging of their domestic international locations for almost 3 years.
On might 17, 1954, in Brown v. Board of schooling, the us preferrred courtroom governed that racial segregation in public colleges was once unconstitutional. while the court docket did not specify a transparent time limit for implementation of the ruling, southern segregationists seized the chance to release a crusade of huge resistance opposed to the government.
Extra info for The Entrepreneurial Spirit of African American Inventors