This accomplished treatise bargains an in-depth dialogue of normal toxicants in crops, emphasizing their results as defenses opposed to herbivory. Coevolution of vegetation and her-bivores are lined with an in depth therapy of toxicant metabolism and systemic results in mammalian tissues. Con-sideration of the industrial significance of plant pollutants, modi-fication via plant breeding, administration of toxico-sis, and toxicant difficulties in numerous geographic components are in-cluded. each one quantity bargains an intensive description of chemistry, biosynthesis, research, distribution in crops, metabolism in mam-mals and bugs, and functional difficulties in people and cattle.
By Marshall Sittig
Concise chemical, well-being and security information on 1300 chemical compounds. comprises: EPA "hazardous substances," RCRA "hazardous wastes," "priority poisonous pollutants," SARA "extremely harmful substances," EPA "toxic chemicals." elements pointed out as unsafe, poisonous, or carcinogenic by means of U.S.National Toxicology software, IARC UN/DOT, NIOSH info Profiles, EPA "CHIPS" records, OSHA, ACGIH, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, U.K. wellbeing and fitness and defense government or USSR-UNEP/IRPTC. additionally chemical compounds within the ILO Encyc. of Occup. wellbeing and fitness and defense, or stated in "right-to-know" laws of the 50 states.
By Melanie Johns Cupp (auth.), Melanie Johns Cupp PharmD, BCPS, Timothy S. Tracy PhD (eds.)
While revenues of supplements have skyrocketed in recent times, information regarding their security and efficacy in people is mostly sparse compared to what's on hand for prescribed drugs. supplements: Toxicology and medical Pharmacology provides, in either complete and precis codecs, a wealth of aim details for a variety of vital nonherbal supplements. The supplementations specified have been selected for his or her recognition, toxicity, and the volume and caliber of knowledge to be had, and comprise such recognized brokers as DHEA,
androstenedione and different over the counter steroids, coenzyme Q10, fish oil, glucosamine and chondroitin, chitosan, chromium picolinate, creatine, vanadyl sulfate, comparable, and melatonin. extra insurance is given to colloidal silver, shark cartilage, germanium, purple yeast rice extract, l-tryptophan, N,N-dimethylglycine, GHB and GBL, huperzine, hydrazine, methylsulfonylmethane, and pyruvate. each one monograph discusses the background of the compound; its chemical constitution; its present and promoted makes use of, resources, and chemical composition; and its toxicity, pharmacokinetics, and physiological function. additionally awarded are case stories in their adversarial results and interactions, in addition to info on their reproductive results, chemical and biofluid research, and regulatory prestige. every one bankruptcy is predicated on unique reviews released in respected peer-reviewed journals, in addition to on meta-analyses, systematic experiences, or different high quality checks via well-known experts.
Authoritative and goal, supplements: Toxicology and medical Pharmacology bargains physicians, pharmacologists, pharmacists, toxicologists, and medical experts a treasure trove of uncommon-but reliable-scientific and medical info at the toxicity and value of brand new best nonherbal nutritional supplements.
By Kaushal K. Shinha, Deepak Bhatnagar
Describes various mycotoxins taking place as contaminants in agricultural plants and animal items, and info the implementation of nutrition security rules through governmental and foreign corporations. The e-book charts the development made in mycotoxicology because the early Nineties. It additionally profiles fresh advances in mycotoxin research tools.
Written through an across the world well-known crew of editors and individuals, Handbook of Elemental Speciation, quantity 2 offers a accomplished, cross-disciplinary presentation of the analytical options keen on speciation.
- Comprehensive insurance of key parts and compounds in situ
- Addresses the research and impression of those components and compounds, e.g. arsenic, lead, copper, iron, halogens, etc., in nutrition, the surroundings, medical and occupational health
- Detailed method and information are suggested, in addition to regulatory limits
- Includes normal advent at the impression in those key areas
By Frank C. Lu
Decades of analysis and educating event are compiled within the authoritative and hugely awaited re-creation of this vintage text.
For the maximum in reader comfort and comprehension, Lu's easy Toxicology makes use of easy-to-understand terminology, and separate topic and chemical indexes.
Providing readability and perception into this quickly evolving topic, this advisor presents new info on:
- over-the-counter preparations
- occupational toxicology
Written by means of key opinion leaders in toxicology, this article additionally covers the necessities of:
- why chemical compounds aim particular organs and platforms, and common methods for assessing chance linked to those chemicals
- chemicals that reason: melanoma, mutations, congenital malformations, and organ or method particular effects
- host and environmental components that change the consequences of particular chemical substances, together with: nutrition ingredients; insecticides; metals; toxins in air, water, and soil; and toxicants encountered in workplaces
Biomarkers in Toxicology is a well timed and accomplished reference devoted to all elements of biomarkers that relate to chemical publicity and their results on organic structures. This ebook contains either vertebrate and non-vertebrate species versions for toxicological checking out and improvement of biomarkers. Divided into numerous key sections, this reference quantity comprises chapters dedicated to subject matters in molecular-cellular toxicology, in addition to a glance on the most modern state-of-the-art applied sciences used to become aware of biomarkers of publicity and results. every one bankruptcy additionally includes numerous references to the present literature and critical assets for extra interpreting. Given this accomplished remedy, Biomarkers in Toxicology is an important reference for all these drawn to biomarkers throughout a number of medical and biomedical fields.
- Written via overseas specialists who've evaluated the expansive literature to supply you with one source overlaying all elements of toxicology biomarkers
- Identifies and discusses the main delicate, actual, distinct and proven biomarkers used as signs of publicity and influence of chemical substances of alternative classes
- Covers precise subject matters and functions of biomarkers, together with chapters on molecular toxicology biomarkers, biomarker research for nanotoxicology, improvement of biomarkers for drug efficacy evaluate and masses more
Diagnose and confirm remedy for poisonous exposures in small animals with this quickly reference! Small Animal Toxicology, third Edition covers 1000s of probably poisonous ingredients, offering the data you must deal with emergency remedy and stop poisonings in spouse animals. that will help you establish an unknown poison, this advisor presents a listing of strength pollution in keeping with medical symptoms or indicators. it is also a brand new colour insert with eighty five full-color images of poisonous vegetation and of lesions linked to quite a few poisonings. Written through revered veterinarian Michael E. Peterson and board-certified veterinary toxicologist Patricia A. Talcott, in addition to a workforce of specialist members, this variation covers a large choice of issues together with toxicodynamics, toxicokinetics, powerful background taking, spotting scientific symptoms of poisonous exposures, handling emergencies, and supportive care of the poisoned patient.
- Comprehensive insurance of toxins/poisons
- Guidelines to assessment, prognosis and treatment contain examinations of the resource, poisonous dose, toxicokinetics, medical symptoms, minimal database, confirming checks, therapy growth and differential analysis for every particular toxicant.
- Coverage of universal toxic substances includes grapes and raisins, nicotine, mercury, mushrooms, Christmas-time vegetation, and snake and spider venoms.
- Toxicological Concepts section presents info on toxicologic ideas resembling background taking, offering supportive care, and handling emergency therapy.
- General Exposures section addresses nontraditional toxicology reminiscent of indoor environmental air, insecticides, prescription drugs, and toxicities in pregnant and lactating animals.
- Miscellaneous Toxicant Groups section covers regularly encountered particular toxicants, the correct use of diagnostic laboratories, use of human poison keep watch over facilities, and antidotes for particular toxins.
- More than 50 foreign members provide up to date, authoritative suggestion on treating poisonings and intoxications.
comprises the whole diversity of gear from acetaminophen to zinc, together with domestic items, prescription medications, leisure medicinal drugs, and extra.
- 8 NEW chapters
- NEW colour insert exhibits eighty five of the main in most cases encountered poisonous components for at-a-glance identification.
- UPDATED Signs and Symptoms index makes it more straightforward to discover info on a poisonous agent by means of providing symptoms instead of requiring the formula of a diagnosis.
- UPDATED details on brokers probably to reason a poisonous reaction comprises average flea items and an elevated part on human medications.
- NEW quick-access format with daring headings and handy tables and packing containers permits speedy retrieval of knowledge in emergency situations.
cover themes together with criminal concerns in toxicology circumstances, responding to mass exposures, and poisonings in birds, small mammals, and geriatric patients.
Even though there are various books on drug metabolism, Radiotracers in Drug Development is exclusive in explaining how radiotracers are used to explain a drug’s absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME). overlaying conventional and up to date applied sciences and purposes, the booklet takes a powerful business strategy, discussing the fundamentals of scintillation counting and untangling many of the facts processing tools frequently particular to person brands.
The chapters contain descriptions of the most recent micro-plate counters and the transforming into functions of accelerator mass spectrometry, positron emission tomography, gamma-scintigraphy, and radioluminography. as well as describing how the analytical applied sciences paintings, the members clarify how the knowledge are interpreted and utilized in the drug registration strategy.
A exact reference and coaching reduction crucial for each drug metabolism division or drug metabolism learn workforce, the e-book presents perception into the use and perform of ADME in a manner that's either instructive and sensible. relocating simply around the barriers of biology, chemistry, and physics, this is often the single accomplished, interdisciplinary source masking the how-tos of making use of radiotracers in drug improvement. It presents designated details on how the technology is suitable to the registration process.