By George B. Arfken
This best-selling identify offers in a single convenient quantity the fundamental mathematical instruments and methods used to resolve difficulties in physics. it's a important addition to the bookshelf of any severe scholar of physics or study specialist within the box. The authors have placed substantial attempt into revamping this re-creation.
* Updates the best graduate-level textual content in mathematical physics
* offers entire assurance of the maths precious for complicated learn in physics and engineering
* specializes in problem-solving abilities and provides an unlimited array of workouts
* truly illustrates and proves mathematical relations
New within the 6th Edition:
* up-to-date content material all through, according to clients' suggestions
* extra complex sections, together with differential kinds and the stylish sorts of Maxwell's equations
* a brand new bankruptcy on chance and statistics
* extra common sections were deleted
Read or Download Mathematical Methods for Physicists, 6th Edition PDF
Similar Mathematical Physics books
Now in its seventh version, Mathematical tools for Physicists maintains to supply the entire mathematical equipment that aspiring scientists and engineers are inclined to come across as scholars and starting researchers. This bestselling textual content presents mathematical relatives and their proofs necessary to the research of physics and comparable fields.
This e-book offers the reader with an simple advent to chaos and fractals, compatible for college kids with a historical past in undemanding algebra, with out assuming past coursework in calculus or physics. It introduces the most important phenomena of chaos - aperiodicity, delicate dependence on preliminary stipulations, bifurcations - through basic iterated services.
Hyperbolic Dynamics and Brownian movement illustrates the interaction among particular domain names of arithmetic. there isn't any assumption that the reader is a expert in any of those domain names: in simple terms uncomplicated wisdom of linear algebra, calculus and likelihood concept is needed. The content material might be summarized in 3 ways: first of all, this ebook offers an creation to hyperbolic geometry, in line with the Lorentz staff.
Additional resources for Mathematical Methods for Physicists, 6th Edition