The strain among nationalism and internationalism has been a tremendous characteristic of global politics because the finish of the chilly struggle. in response to a Nobel symposium, this assortment brings jointly a global number of acclaimed authors from a wide selection of educational disciplines. The ebook combines targeted case-studies and extra theoretically dependent fabric to check significantly the post-Cold conflict political panorama. topics coated include:
* altering interpretation of the country kingdom and nationalism
* the transforming into prominence of transnational organisations
* technological alterations in details, conversation and transport
* multiculturalism and citizenship
*ethnicity and non secular id in African, Indian, Bosnian and varnish nationalism
* the becoming worldwide value of Islam.